In the weekend Financial Times, Simon Kuper writes about what same-sex marriage has meant for his native Netherlands. Among his conclusions:
- "(I)t doesn't change much."
- Following legalization in 2001, political squabbles turned to other matters.
- Despite crazy claims otherwise, it does not affect straight marriages.
- SSM does "slap the churches in the face," in the sense they have the scramble to show their relevance.
- Stereotypical, traditional gay scenes are disappearing as more homosexuals integrate in the larger community.