- Fill out and return your form as soon as you get it
- Gently chat it up with coworkers, buddies and such
They've been at this since 1790 and are really into it.
For those of us who perform this wee duty quickly, we can be surprised by how many Americans don't. I have a rant on my long-ago, college-days experiences taking follow-up census over at Harrumph.
My encounters probably still hold. I found that various families:
- Never opened the mailing from the Census, ID'ing it as junk mail and tossing it
- Just couldn't be bothered
- Didn't understand what it was about
- Had forgotten in the past decade or two or three or more what the census was
Many of us don't mail back the form. Maybe you can nudge a bit here.
Tags: massmarrier, census