- The Senate President will help equal rights only when it clearly benefits him. He's going to require extra attention from the Governor, legislators, marriage-equality lobbyists, and each of us this session.
- We are due at least seven months of lies, distraction and divisiveness into the next ConCon.
- House Speaker (and frequent GLBT friend) Sal DiMasi can't carry the day when Bobby Travaglini presides over the ConCon.
Before the next ConCon:
- Donate to the chief marriage-equality lobbying groups -- MassEquality and the Massachusetts Gay and Lesbian Political Caucus. They are the first line against the toxic distortions of the anti-gay, anti-SSM forces.
- Encourage Patrick by visit if you can or by call, email or letter. Let him know this is a key value to you.
- Contact the 62 who voted against marriage equality by passing this amendment through this time. If one is in your district, raise hell. Make this contact at last once a month to tell them how you want them to vote.
- Thank your senator and representative who voted against the amendment and encourage them to continue and to persuade the confused.
The ideologues like Ray Flynn and the theocrat-politicians like Sean O'Malley are hopeless. However, ordinary legislators are subject to pressure of involved and focused voters (that's you).
Tags: massmarrier, Massachusetts, amendment, same sex marriage, ConCon