This will require monitoring throughout the day. The Globe and Mail (requires free registration) has a piece today that lets us know:
- The Tories will try to bring down the government if the Liberals insist on a countrywide same-sex-marriage law vote.
- Converstiave MPs got email yesterday from the party whip ordering them to be in the House of Commons Monday for voting.
- Canadians are loath to sit even an extra few days in legislative session (every few decades).
- The Liberals may or may not be able to get enough of their own votes to override the Tories.
- In what surely can't be an act of God (Can it?). three Conservatives have been absent, all with cancer treatments.
- A clandestine deal between the parties may be to pass the budgets, amend the marriage bill, and delay an vote on the latter until the fall.