In particular, over at Progressive Bay State Bloggers in Yahoo Groups, Michael Wilcox and Shari Sachs are kicking this can a little farther down the road. As many us in the past couple of days have, he calls the incestuous, insular party leadership's explanation of its end-run around Deval Patrick "a smokescreen."
More to the point, she suggests:
- That this latest clumsy ploy is "one of a line of little conflicts which will hopefully culminate somehow or another, in a sea change in party leadership."
- Activists "should think about what we can do to organize with the DP."
- Maybe a wiki to document and act as a citizen and media resource for such problems.
- Creation of a "(very lightweight) press relations office which works to push these sorts of stories out into the press."
- Dump ex-officio delegates.
It's not like the DP leaders get rich off doing it, but they sure do love — and abuse — the power. It's past time for us bystanders to stop standing by.